Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh, to be a kid again...

I was trying to figure out what my next blog post would be because I've had a lot of things going on lately! My first thought was to report about my trip to Dallas to work for the NBA during All-Star week. While it's definitely blog-worthy, I decided I'd rather talk about how I abadoned all responsibilities this weekend to re-live the life of a child...and it felt so good!

On Saturday, a couple friends and I traveled down to Santa Cruz to hike around Castle Rock State Park. We went for the purpose of a good hike, but ended up spending the majority of the time playing on, around, under, and in the rock. It's an amazing natural phenomenon - a rock about 3 stories high and about 30 yards wide, with tons of caves and divets everywhere. While there were a ton of serious rock climbers scaling the 3 stories of height, we had tons of fun climbing up and around the outside, taking pictures in the caves...







Even though it took us nearly an hour to get there, it was well worth the trip. We even stopped at a local diner/biker bar in the woods to eat some lunch afterwards...so nice to get out of the city!

On Sunday, after a great run of sunshiney weather, the rain picked back up again and brought the waterworks to San Francisco. After hoovering under a strained umbrella throughout the day, I realized that as we grow up and gain responsibilities, we unfortunately lose the fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants mentality that made life so fun as children. The little kid in me won the battle - I dropped the umbrella and ran around in the rain for about 10 minutes, letting loose all inhibitions to just have fun. It was such a freeing feeling to shrug off all "adulthood" and just act like a kid again... I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment